The modern broiler breeder housing system for artificial insemination
With UNIVENT Parents-AI, Big Dutchman can offer a housing concept for broiler breeders which are to be inseminated artificially. The system is very hygienic and efficient and consists of a three-tier manure belt battery for separate keeping of males and females. A housing system for broiler breeders must meet very specific requirements, which Big Dutchman can fulfil in an ideal way with UNIVENT Parents-AI. These requirements include:
- controlled feeding;
- easy access to the birds during artificial insemination;
- secure transport of the hatching eggs.
All wire meshes used for bottom wires, cage fronts and sides are zinc-aluminium coated. This special alloy resists corrosion and rust more effectively than other materials, thus guaranteeing a longer service life. Thanks to our many years of experience with cage and broiler breeder management, we are a competent partner for successfully managing broiler breeders in an AI program.
- significantly higher stocking density compared to barn egg production;
- considerably less males required (ratio 1:16);
- artificial insemination improves fertilisation rates permanently;
- improved hygiene status;
- good egg quality, clean hatching eggs;
- low mortality rate;
- high efficiency thanks to a high degree of automation (feed and water supply, egg collection, manure removal)
- daily feed rations for males and females are supplied exactly as required;
- step-access feed trough in all tiers → ideal for inspection;
- low ammonia emissions.