Breeder management: the world’s first chain feeding system with the entire chain loop in just one trough
Presented by Big Dutchman, MaleChain is the world’s first chain feeding system for separate feeding of male and female broiler breeders where the entire chain loop requires just one trough. The male grille can be replaced by a special grille for the females, converting MaleChain into FeMaleChain.
“With the double loop, breeder managers save lots of space in the barn,” Big Dutchman system manager Jennifer Lindel says about the central feature. “The system is also ideal for breeders with untrimmed beaks since the feed chain promotes natural smoothing of the beak.” Poultry equipment supplier Big Dutchman thus reacts to Germany’s ban on beak trimming with this feature. A patent for the innovation is pending.
Another benefit of MaleChain: all birds receive their feed very quickly and – even more important – very uniformly. This is because the chain conveys the feed in two directions. The chain speed also plays an important role: “The feed covers a distance of 36 metres in one minute,” explains Jennifer Lindel. The feed therefore reaches its destinations nearly simultaneously all over the barn. This has a positive effect on the birds: they experience less stress during eating.
Additional advantages for breeder management:
- the hopper can be installed at the beginning or in the middle of the feed line → well suited for any house length;
- the feeding system’s height can be adjusted → females cannot reach the males’ feed;
- the males stand next to each other during feeding → ideal for bird inspection;
- the innovative system can be mounted very flexibly → standing and suspended versions available;
- the trough is open and accessible from all sides → perfect conditions for thorough cleaning.
Male turns into FeMale
FeMaleChain, the repurposed MaleChain feeding system, is a good option for breeder managers who want to increase the number of eating places for hens in their barn, which affects the hens’ constitution positively.
Characteristics of FeMaleChain:
- space-saving chain loop
- easy retrofitting in existing houses
- simple feeding system on the manure pits
- standing and suspended version
Big Dutchman @ EUROTIER DIGITAL 2021 (9-12 February)
Tickets to the fair available for free! Get your free access code to the digital EuroTier 2021 - you are cordially invited! Simply enter the number of tickets you need in the “Message” field and add the code “BigTicket”. You will shortly receive an email with your ticket(s).
Click here for a video about the innovation for breeder management!