NATURA 60 & NATURA 70
NATURA 60 and NATURA 70 are two aviaries for egg production developed by Big Dutchman. The design concept is based on the idea of reducing the management effort while reliably increasing efficient production at the same time. The two aviary systems provide the following advantages:
- the aviary remains locked during the phase of familiarisation → the pullets can easily find feed and water;
- manageable group sizes thanks to fixed partitions that are installed every 2.41 m
→ good start into the laying phase;
→ minimised number of mislaid eggs later on;
- the hens can move between the different levels without any difficulties by using the system‘s “stairways”;
- the hens can easily reach the scratching area through large openings along the entire length of the system;
- gentle transport of the eggs as the longitudinal egg belts are located on one level only;
- mislaid “system eggs” can be collected easily, either manually or automatically;
- perfect access to the entire system due to easily operated folding grilles;
- each row is completely functional on its own: systems of only one row in the barn are possible.
- All inspection aisles are free of birds, litter and other obstructions such as doors or cross partitions for improved working conditions.
- The inspection aisles facilitate moving the birds, daily bird inspection and the manual collection of eggs mislaid in the system.
- The nests and longitudinal egg belts are easily accessible from the inspection aisle.
- The cover for the longitudinal egg belts can be opened and closed easily for inspection purposes, even automatically (optional).
- Exterior feed troughs minimise feed wastage and improve hygiene.
NATURA70 allows for higher stocking densities in comparison to NATURA60 because the hens can use the entire house floor as scratching area.
For an ideal size of the bird groups, the scratching area can be split lengthwise and crosswise, even repeatedly, depending on the house dimensions. The individual rows can be arranged either facing the same direction, i.e. all longitudinal egg belts are on the right-hand side, or in pairs like in a NATURA60 house.
The width of the aisles can also be selected freely. The rule of thumb: the optimum density of 18 hens per m2 of house surface area is reached per 4 metres of house width (row + scratching area).