Agricultural enterprises that produce a large amount of slurry, especially pig and cattle farms, are often faced with the question of how to utilise this slurry in an environmentally sound and cost-efficient manner, particularly in regions with intensive livestock farming.
Long transport distances are expensive and nearby farmland where nutrients such as nitrogen and phosphorus are required as input is limited. With this in mind, an effective treatment of the slurry and of digestate from biogas plants becomes increasingly important.
With the MemFis mobile separation and filtration system that comes ready to be connected, Big Dutchman offers an innovative approach to this issue.
- one system can separate and filtrate up to 14,000 m3 of input substrate per year;
- environmentally friendly solution, especially in regions with intensive livestock farming;
- fully automatic treatment of the input substrate in a two-stage process;
- suitable for pig and cattle slurry as well as for digestate from biogas plants;
- no more expensive transportation of untreated slurry;
- complete system that is ready to be connected for flexible use at different locations;
- separated solids can be dried and pelletised or used for biogas plants;
- filtrate with low nutrient content can easily be spread or sprayed on farmland;
- the system comes in a 40-foot container: no building permit required.