Pens for pig finishing and rearing without slatted floors and slurry pits, but with littered lying areas and a comfortable climate: what sounds like a vision of the future has already been introduced to the market by Big Dutchman with the new Havito welfare barn and the pig toilet PigT.
The innovative housing concept works with functional areas that meet the pigs’ needs. Every pen contains a “dining room”, a “bedroom", a “playroom” and of course the “bathroom” with toilet.
Faeces and urine are immediately separated by the PigT pig toilet. A plastic belt, part of the pen floor, removes the manure from the pen at regular intervals. The urine is collected in a pan. The result: urine and manure are separated immediately after defecation, which means there are nearly no ammonia emissions.
- almost no NH3 emissions, not even in the barn → air of a better quality for pigs and humans
- structured pen with continuous solid floor → no slatted floor, no slurry
- offering roughage and oragnic enrichment material is no problem
- suitable for finishing of long-tailed pigs
- a drying system can process the manure further, without any additional separation
- lower ammonia emissions, more animal welfare