Helping you maintain healthy stock is important to Big Dutchman. Our experts have therefore collaborated with climate technology specialists and other experienced experts to develop a fresh air filter which reliably prevents PRRS viruses from entering the house via the fresh air.
PRRS stands for Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome – relating to the pig, to reproduction and respiration. It is a disease responsible for some of the highest economic losses in global pig production.
In particular, breeding companies, multipliers and centres for artificial insemination must make sure that they maintain a negative PRRS status. Breeders producing larger numbers of piglets will also benefit from the filter as piglets not infected with PRRS fetch higher prices when sold. In addition to a good hygiene on the farm, transmission between farms must be prevented. The virus is also transmitted via the air, which can cause problems particularly in regions with a large livestock density.
With AirProTec®, Big Dutchman offers an efficient fresh air filter which significantly reduces the introduction of PRRS viruses – by up to 95 percent! This is a major advantage. Depending on the method of fresh air distribution, there are several models available: APT 20000, APT 10000 and APT 1500.
- introduction of the PRRS virus via the fresh air can be reduced by up to 95 percent;
- livestock not infected with PRRS show a better biological performance;
- less secondary infections in piglet rearing and pig finishing reduce the amount of required medication;
- different AirProTec models are available, depending on the conditions on the farm and the type of fresh air distribution system;
- if requested, the fresh air can be cooled simultaneously (only available for APT 20 000 and APT 10 000);
- specially developed filter cassettes are easy to replace;
- low maintenance requirements.