Spain: Big Dutchman builds two turn-key poultry houses for broiler production
Big Dutchman recently built two new houses for broiler production for the company Spes 2016 S.L. in the Spanish province of Zaragoza. The turn-key buildings each have a size of 130 x 16 meters with an additional service room of 15 m2. At the beginning of June, 35,000 birds were moved into each barn. Big Dutchman Ibérica, the Spanish subsidiary of the German equipment supplier, was in charge of project planning and implementation.
Poultry equipment for broiler production
Spes 2016 S.L. is a family-owned company run by married couple Francisco and Concha and their sons David and Rodrigo. Joining forces, the family rose to the challenges resulting from such a large-scale project. “The housing equipment meets the most recent standards in the market,” sales manager Jorge Camacho says about the result of this project.
- Poultry climate control | The house is ventilated with a CombiTunnel ventilation system; fresh air inlets in the side walls and central chimneys create minimum ventilation. In case of high temperatures, the system automatically switches to tunnel mode. Air then enters the house through a pad cooling system made of polypropylene. Fans in the gable wall ensure high air flow rates and thus the respective air speed.
- Feed and water | The broilers are supplied with feed by an Augermatic feeding system consisting of four feed lines and 672 feed pans. Water is provided by ten drinker lines with a total of 2,520 nipples per building.
For cleaning, the feed and drinker lines can be lifted. For cleaning, the feed and drinker lines can be lifted.
- Heating | heaters with closed combustion chamber type JetMaster;
- House lighting | ZEUS LED lamps with two shades of white, which can be controlled individually;
- Poultry house management | The BigFarmNet management system allows poultry managers to control and monitor their houses remotely using the PC, smartphone and tablet.
Sustainable broiler production
The family decided to run their house with solar energy and has installed a photovoltaic system with a power of 75kWp. All components of this system are located in a service building.