Animal welfare, energy savings, feeding systems and more: Big Dutchman equipment for modern pig production
The trade show world is finally returning to some kind of normal: Big Dutchman is looking forward to welcoming many visitors to its booth at SPACE 2022, from 13 to 15 September in Rennes, France. The German pig equipment supplier’s stand in hall 7, booth C30, will offer much room for intensive discussions about clever solutions and concepts for modern pig production. Pig producers can already get excited about smart technology for their farms.
- Animal welfare farrowing pen: NaturalCare is a free-movement pen that allows only short-term restraining of the sow, for example for veterinary treatment. Piglet protection bars prevent losses caused by overlying. A heated creep protects the piglets and functions as a retreat.
- CulinaFlexpro feeding system for suckling pigs: CulinaFlexpro is an automatic feeding system for piglets that helps farmers by dispensing feed time-controlled through a feed valve. A sensor in the trough determines whether the trough is empty or still filled with feed. The system compensates for supply deficits hygienically and efficiently, resulting in higher weaning weights and more weaned piglets per sow.
- DryWet feeder: The pigs are offered two options for feed intake: either dry or wet (with an integrated drinker line). The DryWet feeder is available in two versions. It can be used from weaning (from six kilograms) to the final finishing stage, i.e. wean-to-finish, or for finishing only.
- Saving energy with SUNFarm: The Big Dutchman product range includes SUNFarm, a scalable modular PV system that helps pig farmers around the world to reduce electricity costs permanently using the free power of the sun.
- BigFarmNet Manager: Controlling and managing pig houses easily, quickly and securely with the smart BigFarmNet software: farmers can use BigFarmNet Manager to feed their pigs, manage alarms and adjust the climate in the barn, among other functions – and all this from the office!