NATURA Step XL
With NATURA Step XL, Big Dutchman can offer customers a new cage-free system based on the benefits of the NATURA Step aviary, which is used very successfully worldwide.
NATURA Step XL is an aviary system that is focused on the welfare of the birds, without disregarding functionality and efficiency, which are very important to egg producers. The layers can exhibit their natural behaviours in a system whose functional structure is easy to understand, and they lay their eggs under hygienic conditions in a well-designed nest.
NATURA Step XL is a very versatile system and can be used in barn and free range egg production, for traditional and organic egg production, and in large as well as smaller houses. It is therefore always the right concept for animal-friendly and successful egg production.
Important features of NATURA Step XL
- tiers of different widths create a stepped design in which all three levels are easy to reach, especially the integrated nest level;
- both the staff and the birds can easily access the aviary, nest inspection is made simple;
- nipple drinkers directly in front of the nest increase nest acceptance;
- the separate nest level has two divided nest rows, either with the integrated Colony 2+ nest or the 8 cm deeper HD version;
- the required nest surface area can be adjusted to meet the stocking density by combining sections with nest and sections with passage;
- the nest’s back wall and the egg channel cover form a unit so that the eggs are well protected against dust;
- the back wall can be disengaged at the nest entrance for thorough cleaning of the nest after the batch;
- eggs mislaid in the system (system eggs) can be collected automatically (optional);
- the very large usable area ensures very good utilisation of the house surface;
- the standard version comes with four feed lines, which can be increased to six as an option;
- five additional perches for the top tier can be supplied optionally;
- the standard height under the system is 500 mm, 650 mm are possible as an option;
- the entire house floor surface is used as a scratching area;
- two manure belt levels guarantee that most of the manure is transported out of the barn, decreasing the ammonia content in the air and improving hygienic conditions;
- the aviary is fully functional even as single row;
- a version with extra large air duct is optionally available.