The CombiTunnel ventilation recommended by Big Dutchman is a combination of two ventilation systems in one house. This makes it possible to profit from the advantages of both systems:
- in case of low outside temperatures: ventilation in side mode, uniform temperatures throughout the entire house;
- in case of high outside temperatures: ventilation in tunnel mode; high cooling efficiency through wind chill effect at a low energy consumption.
This solution is particularly suitable for climates that are characterized by strong fluctuations in temperatures – high temperatures in the summer, low temperatures in the winter or major differences in temperature from day to night.
Both ventilation systems are controlled by a ViperTouch climate computer. This also includes automatic switching between the two ventilation systems. When the system runs in tunnel mode the computer also records the air speed and therefore the wind chill effect.
- especially suitable for regions with cold winters and hot summers → ideal climate conditions throughout the entire year, healthy birds;
- constant climatic conditions throughout the entire year → excellent production results, full utilisation of the birds‘ genetic potential; good feed conversion;
- it is possible to compensate a wide temperature range from approx. -20°C to +40°C
→ low outside temperatures ventilation in side mode: even a small air rate can be precisely regulated to maintain a uniform temperature in the entire house;
→ high outside temperatures ventilation in tunnel mode: high air velocities calculated based on the birds‘ age, taking advantage of the wind chill effect;
- the ViperTouch climate computer allows for a smooth transition from side to tunnel mode and vice versa.